zondag 27 april 2008

Doll's house milk can

Yesterday it was a lovely sunny day. Mieke had invited me on the terrace of Scarlatti what to drink. Do you have the same feeling as me, I asked her.
That you want to sit on this terrace, but that you are to busy to do? So I'm gladful we take the opportunity.

Mieke took a cigarette and Iwas afraid to be sitting in the smoke. So I take my finger, wet it in my mouth and put it in the air to feel the angel of the wind. Instantly a waitress stand for us: "Can I help you?"
Mieke and I laughing out loud. Every time you need a waitress it's cost a lot of time to attach her attention and now unintentionally she stands for us.

After half a hour three English speaking people came to sit near us. They ordered two tea with milk and a icetea. When the milk arrived, we all wondered about the very small size of the milk can. And that small amount of milk was for two cups of tea?!

Spontaneously I tell them it looks more like a doll's house milk can. And very pennywise of the Dutch to serve this. I was a little bit ashamed of Scarlatti.

Because of the milk can we get to chat with each other. Jane and her husband are visting Holland for a few days and live in the neigbourhood of Cambridge. They were accompanied by their friend Jeanet who live in Noordwijkerhout to be in the neigbourhood of her daughter.

We had a nice conversation. Or I've to admit: most of the time I was telling a story about all the nice things to do in Leiden etc. I told them also that I've never visited England. But I like to do it once. Not only because of the landscape, but also to hear people speak genuine English. It's so strange that I've heard so many English on the televison, but not in real. Sometimes I only watch BBC to hear nice English.

After the conversation I gave them my weblogadress. They can't read Dutch, so for one time I've written my blog in English or maybe it's better to call it Dunglish:>)

Back to the top of this page

Geen opmerkingen: